If you are experiencing ongoing pain and lots of symptoms:
- physical gut, headaches, flu like, joint pain, muscle pain, other (just about any)
- constitutional: poor sleep, fatigue
- emotional: anxiety, depression, unexplained angry out bursts
- mental: memory and concentration difficulties
To get off the loop you need a multi dimensional wellness plan, and you also need some patience.
Getting off the loop, for some can be quick, for others it is a process, that involves taking a series of small steps towards wellness, taken over time at a pace that is right for you. Pushing yourself beyond your pacing and energy limits, is likely to overwhelm you and trigger set backs. You are best to set yourself just a few SMART goals at a time (small, measurable, attainable, realistic, time and energy appropriate)
Some people with very vulnerable genetics or certain injuries, may not be able to completely escape the loop, but are likely to experience continued gradually improvements of symptoms slowly over time - for me 35 are now gone, and most of the remaining 50 are reduced and still improving.
You don’t need a doctor to identify these sources of stress. Lifestyle decisions—along with genetics—shape the foundation of your health and determine its future. The longer chronic stress undermines your core functional systems, the harder it is for your body is able to compensate for poor lifestyle behaviors.
- Insufficient or poor quality SLEEP, rest, and recovery
- Negatively internalizing EMOTIONS
- Poor FOOD choices, lack of dietary discipline, failure to control blood sugar levels and nutrient intake
- Too much, or too little EXERCISE
- Self-destructive behavior in general
Doctors trained in functional medicine can help identy medical causes for ill health, as well as subclinical (obscure) causes, that have already resulted from genetic influeces combined with chronic stress and environmental exposures.
- Adrenal gland exhaustion (e.g low cortisol, this causes reduced tolerance to ALL stress and impairs of healing)
- Impaired Liver Detoxification
- Intestinal infections (e.g. SIBO) and poor gut health (e.g. dysbiosis)
- Fungal and viral infections
Doctors trained in functional medicine often work within an integrative care team, who can help you customise your wellness plan to your individual needs and circumstances.
- Food intolerances
- Exposure to Environmental toxins such as metals, chemicals, (e.g. solvents, pesticides) and molds
- Electromagnetic radiation from wired and wireless technologies
- Pollutants PM
- Environmental Illness (SBS, BRI, CIRS, MCS)